I am not a beauty guru and if your are anything like me then you also have a hard time keeping up your looks; I have to make time to get my hair done and take off my chipped nail polish. Every 3 months or so I revamp my beauty products. I buy any new items I need- which is usually a lot. I get a fabulous new hairstyle and perhaps a fancy item or two. The “3 month Make-Over” usually coincides with the dates that my fiancé and I travel either to the US or Europe to meet one another. Every girl wants to look their best at any reunion.
Leading up to the reunion my Pinterest board begins to fill up with inspiration of hairstyles and make up. I get that extra oomph.I actually hope to keep-up my 3 month self checks even after I move to Europe because I am a creature of habit and I have to make a conscious effort to not look a hot mess.(I seriously get so lazy) I am currently undergoing my 3 Month Make-Over which was extra important this time because I am now moving to Europe and just had a 26th birthday…so I want to switch it up!
5 Life Tip to Get Out of a Rut
- Watch Youtube and Pin-Some-Ish (Pinterest)- Pinterest & Youtube showcase so many talented people that you will inevitably find something you want to try, buy, or DIY. The inspiration will allow you to vision yourself and how you want to look. I always see woman with their faces painted to perfection and eyebrows to be envied and it revives my attempts at being able to do my own make-up or make my own for that matter… You can follow me on Pinterest here…which brings me to #2.
- Get Creative aka Scissor Happy- I am a hands-on person. If I see a style that I love particularly denim styles I will bleach and cut till content- this tip is to proceed with caution, if you are prone to cutting your own hair act with discretion. I don’t want to be the reason your bangs must be bobby pinned all summer. Above my niece and I made our own lipstick from Crayons and I recently destroyed an awesome pair of jeans. Stay tuned to see the Friday post!
- Eat Clean- Whenever I get up the courage to cut out all the bad food I feel so much better for it. I like to go pretty extreme with my clean eating leading up to large failures around the time of mother nature but I’m cool with that, my own version of the 80-20 Rule.
- Treat Yourself- My mom always used to tell me “You can t be cheap with yourself” and one of my amazing blogger friends once left a comment saying “Buy the Shoes” I’ll just leave that here to think of all the times you didn’t treat yourself, for the most part the money was still spent on something- outside of savings and being responsible if you want an expensive new make up, hairstyle, shoes or bag every now and then… you deserve it! My favorite hair products are from Simplicity Hair Oil and they are kind of expensive for me. The oil runs between $30-$45 per mini bottle and the shampoo is about $28. I would never spend this much on single hair products but I have eczema around my hairline so I realize I have to splurge in order to have a product that works for me and that is okay! If you have eczema or any hair difficulties or dry hair I’d recommend Simplicity Hair Oil.
- Try Something New- While beauty is skin-deep it’s also about finding out where your aesthetic preferences may lie. I love mixing up my look a bit and it is not always easy since I am so particular about my hair. Do you have this problem? Any recommendations for beauty revamping?!